This Unlikely Ingredient May Be Just What Your Skin Is Missing
The Amazing benefits of Grass-fed Tallow
Our ancestors frequently used tallow to moisturize and protect their skin (they knew what they were doing!) yet somewhere along the way we were led to believe that plant-based products were superior although their chemistry does not match our skin well. Thankfully, that myth is well on its way out.
Though plant-based oils and butters can be WONDERFUL, animal products (like tallow) offer your skin a unique set of nutrients (A,D,E, and K in perfect harmony with their activators along with anti-inflammatory CLA) that it’s most likely been missing out on!!
- Vitamin A – Encourages the production of collagen, elastin and healthy skin cells + strengthens tissue to keep skin firm, smooth and youthful while helping to heal skin issues from acne to aging.
- Vitamin D – Contributes to skin cell development, repair, metabolism and immune function + protects and rejuvenates skin by protecting against free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Vitamin K – Plays an important role in skin tone, texture and overall health + soothes skin inflammation and irritations while helping to speed up the healing process.
- Vitamin E – Powerful antioxidant that repairs and reverses free radical damage + deeply hydrates and promotes healing in skin’s appearance.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) which is anti-inflammatory as well as palmitoleic acid which has natural antimicrobial properties.
We ONLY use tallow from grass-fed cows pastured in organically grown grass, which results in tallow that’s rich in nutrients and free of pesticides and other toxins.
Using tallow based products means respecting that animals life and using EVERYTHING it had to offer, instead of just eating its meat.
Healthy fats are actually beneficial AND essential when it comes to our overall health, starting at a cellular level.
One fat in particular, tallow (specifically from grass fed cows), is a game changer. Not only is beef tallow a healthy cooking fat, but it also acts as a topical superfood for the skin!
Tallow is an incredibly nourishing, vitamin-rich form of pure, rendered animal fat that’s quickly making a big comeback in skincare. Before the influx of man-made chemicals and unnatural substances in skincare, tallow was a prominent part of skincare products developed and used by our ancestors.
Our ancestors also ascribed to a nose-to-tail philosophy when it came to consuming animal products. Every part of the animal had a purpose, and nothing was wasted.